Lucy gets a heaping 1/2 cup serving of doggie hotdish once a day. It's a pretty simple recipe. She also gets a small serving of Nature's Balance in the morning and before bed. It's a tail-wagger!
- 1 pound ground lamb or bison
- 2 cans of veggies (carrots and green beans are use here)
- 1 package of Uncle Ben's whole grain brown rice
- 1 sweet potato
- In a medium sauce pan, simmer 1 pound of ground lamb or bison in water to barely cover.
- While meat is cooking, drain and rinse two cans of vegetables. I like carrots and green beans. Save one can to put the meat water in.
- Microwave one package of Uncle Ben's Ready Rice whole grain brown
- In a large bowl or container, mix the vegetables and the rice.
- When meat is cooked, drain juices into the leftover vegetable can. When cool, place the can in the freezer. Once frozen, toss in the garbage.
- Mix the meat with the veggie/rice mixture and give it all a rough chop
- You can also add a cooked sweet potato
- Store some in fridge and freeze the rest
The Final Product!
People ask if Lucy is a puppy - I think the hotdish gives her extra vim and vigor :)